WSRAL001 - Restricted Asbestos Licence WorkSafe WA
Certification: Certificate of Completion (WorkSafe WA approved)
Study Modes: Classroom Only
Cost: $250 (+ GST)
Duration: 4 hours
A Restricted Asbestos Licence (WSRAL001) is required by law in Western Australia for the removal of materials that contain non-friable asbestos, also known as Bonded Asbestos or Class B Asbestos.
We are approved by WorkSafe (WA) to deliver their course, which is a pre-requisite for you to apply for a Restricted Asbestos Removal Licence.
The training will equip you with the knowledge that will help you to plan, manage and be aware of methods for safely undertaking the removal of non-friable asbestos.
After this course is completed you may apply to WorkSafe WA for your Restricted Asbestos Licence (see note and link below). Holding a current licence allows you to remove amounts exceeding 10m2 of bonded (non-friable) asbestos.
Note: You may wish to consider gaining the Nationally recognised qualification, as this enables you to operate in states other than WA.
Application for Licencing with WorkSafe WA
Upon completing this course, you are required to submit an application directly to WorkSafe WA to apply for your RAL. This licence is valid for three years.
- WorkSafe WA licences require completion of an application form, evidencing your experience
- An application fee applies. The application fee is in addition to this course fee
- We recommend you visit the WorkSafe WA site and research the licence requirements prior to completing the course
- Completion of the course does not guarantee approval of a Licence by WorkSafe WA
For more information on WorkSafe WA, visit their website click here.
CPCC: Remove Friable or Non-Friable Asbestos & Supervise Removal Qualifications (3 separate qualifications)
These courses are nationally recognised qualifications and meet the national WHS legislative requirements. These qualifications also have become a legal requirement for some subcontractors to obtain when removing asbestos in Western Australia, especially if you are:
- working on a site that is owned or controlled by the Federal Government
- working under a Federal Government awarded a contract
- undertaking works nationally in the Telecommunications Industry (i.e. NBN)
- operating in other states of Australia
The WSRAL001 Course includes training and information on:
- Legislative framework
- Identifying types of asbestos
- Health issues relating to asbestos exposure
- Conducting risk assessments
- Identifying hazards, controls and safe work methods
- Planning asbestos removal
- Processes and tools required for safe asbestos removal
To enrol in the WSRAL001 Course today, please select your preferred date from our course calendar and follow the simple instructions.
Alternatively, you can enrol on the phone at (08) 9358 1116.
Please fill in the Registration form below. Fields in bold are required.
Restricted Asbestos Licence - RAL001 WorkSafe WA Approved