WSRAL001 - Restricted Asbestos Licence WorkSafe WA
Certification: Certificate of Competency
Study Modes: Classroom Only
Cost: $ see below for details
Duration: 1 or 2 days
A Restricted Asbestos Licence (WSRAL001) is required by law in Western Australia for the removal of materials that contain non-friable asbestos, also known as Bonded Asbestos or Class B Asbestos.
From 1 November 2021, the pre-requisite to apply for or renew a Restricted Asbestos Removal Licence is to hold the National units of competency being CPCCDE3014 Remove non-friable asbestos AND CPCCDE4008 Supervise asbestos removal.
The training will equip you with the knowledge that will help you to plan, manage and be aware of methods for safely undertaking the removal of non-friable asbestos, as required by licence holders in WA.
After this course is completed you may apply to WorkSafe WA for your Restricted Asbestos Licence (see note and link below). You will be required to demonstrate to WorkSafe that you have current wexperience in removing asbestos to successfully gain a licence. Holding a current licence allows you to remove amounts exceeding 10m2 of bonded (non-friable) asbestos.
Note: Nationally recognised qualifications are recognised in all states of Australia, licensing requirements may differ from Satet to State.
Application for Licencing with WorkSafe WA
Upon completing this course, you are required to submit an application directly to WorkSafe WA to apply for your RAL. This licence is valid for three years.
- WorkSafe WA licences require completion of an application form, evidencing your prior experience in removing asbestos
- An application fee applies. The application fee is in addition to our course fees
- We recommend you visit the WorkSafe WA site and research the licence requirements prior to completing the course
- Completion of the course does not guarantee approval of a Licence by WorkSafe WA
For more information on WorkSafe WA, visit their website click here.
CPCC: Remove Friable or Non-Friable Asbestos & Supervise Removal Qualifications (3 separate units)
These courses are nationally recognised qualifications and meet the national WHS legislative requirements. These qualifications also have become a legal requirement for contractors to obtain when removing asbestos in Western Australia
Please refer to specific webpages for this information
To enrol in asbestos course today, please select your preferred date from our course calendar on the appropriate course page and follow the simple instructions.
Alternatively, you can enrol on the phone at (08) 9358 1116.
Please fill in the Registration form below. Fields in bold are required.
Restricted Asbestos Licence - WSRAL001 WorkSafe WA Approved
Calendar Usage Tips
- Yellow Highlight is day 1 of a new course
- Use month dropdown box to view future dates
- To apply for enrolment, click on yellow date of your choice
- Form opens - Complete your details and submit