WHS/OHS Incident Investigation
Training: Certificate of Attendance
Study Modes: Classroom
Cost: $450 1 day + GST / $900 2 day + GST
Duration: 1 or 2 day course
The Workplace Health and Safety Incident Investigation course is designed to assist you with the skills and knowledge required to participate in the investigation of hazards, risks and OHS/WHS incidents. The course will allow you to understand legislative requirements for investigation and develop the necessary skills to conduct these investigations.
Practical activities are included to transfer knowledge into carrying out an investigation on a workplace incident scenario, including inspection, review of practices, procedures, policy and reporting requirements.
A Certificate of Attendance is issued on completion.
One Day Course
The one day option for the WHS/OHS Incident Investigation course is a simplified training program designed to equip you or your team with the basics of incident investigation in the workplace. This course will allow you to meet legislative requirements and to participate in investigations in your workplace, across all industries.
We include practical activities and carry out a simulated Workplace Incident Investigation, using common workplace procedures, forms and structures, to build knowledge and confidence, for participants to apply and complete incident investigations in their workplace.
Alternative Two Day - Supervisor/Manager Level Course
An alternative option for the WHS/OHS Incident Investigation course is the 2 day Manager Level Training. This is a more advanced version of this training that encompasses incident investigation in more detail, and from a manager's perspective.
This can assist your workplace to meet legislative requirements and conduct valid/effective/efficient investigations, through gaining practical skills in facilitation of incidents, data analysis, compiling reports and much more.
In addition to the Day 1 Course - we introduce more complex tasks in the areas of processes, facilitating incidents, what data to collect and analysis of the data, determining incident contributors and making recommendations to prevent/minise incident reoccurence. This includes understanding and submitting compliance reports to management and the Regulator.
One Day Course
The one day option for the WHS Incident Investigation course involves practical activities, learning and knowledge in:
- Identify hazards and assess and control risks
- Identify and comply with legislative requirements
- Identify and comply with workplace policies and procedures
- Use Techniques, tools and and processes for identifying hazards
- Apply of tools techniques and processes to hazards
- Complete Hazard and incident reporting
- Use Risk assessment techniques
- Contribute to Risk assessment reporting
- Understand risk control plans
The two day managers'option for the WHS Incident Investigation course involves :
- Systematic incident processes
- Facilitation of incidents
- Data collection and analysis
- Investigation reporting
- Personal legal responsibilities
- Identifying cultural issues
- Legislative and Compliance reporting requirements
- Identifying primary and secondary incident contributors
- Recommend and implement hierarchical control methods
To enrol in the WHS Incident Investigation course today, please select your preferred date from our course date from our course calendar and follow the simple instructions.
Alternatively you can enrol on the phone at (08) 9358 1116.
Please fill in the Registration form below. Fields in bold are required.
OHS / WHS Incident Investigation