Training and Assessment
Want to become a Facilitator / Trainer / Assessor
or upgrade your current Trainer skills?
Watch this space for some exciting new developments between Scorpion and GEM College.
GEM College is currently finalising its submission to update the:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment; and
- Diploma of Vocational Education and Training
GEM College are registered to deliver:
- Diploma of Training Design and Development
- Graduate Certificate in Management (Learning)
- Graduate Diploma of Management (Learning)
We can help - If you wish to train Vocational Skills in a workplace, then the Certificate IV is usually the minimum entry level qualification required by your employer.
Training & Assessment courses are loosely categorized in 2 categories:
- Initial skilling of new trainers or those people seeking to become a qualified trainer
- Upgrading skills of current trainers
Our qualifications are designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge to work effectively as trainers and assessors.
No pre-requisite qualifications or experience is necessary for the Certificate IV standard course.
However, a prior working knowledge of microsoft programs such as Powerpoint and Word is highly regarded.
Three (3) qualifications are available:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment - is pitched at the entry level for those who wish to be qualified to design and deliver training and conduct assessments within the Vocational Education and Training sector in Australia.
Notes: 1. We also offer a 5 day classroom Accelerated course for people with prior Training experience. This course has pre-requisites and 1 additional day for Assessments!
2. an upgrade course is available from old TAA qualifications to the current standard
- Diploma of Training Design and Development aims to further develop and extend an individual’s skill set in training and assessment in regards t design and development
- Diploma of Vocational Education & Training provides a professional development framework to build and extend the skills and knowledge of those with experience in training and assessment
Note: The Diploma has a pre-requisite, which is the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and current experience as a Trainer.
In addition, we offer a 1 day Address Adult Language, Literacy & Numeracy Skills course for Trainers requiring this unit.
This course will introduce you to core issues faced in tailoring courses to students with varying language, literacy and numeracy abilities.