Workplace Leadership for Supervisors & Managers
Qualification: Nationally Accredited Unit(s)
Study Modes: Classroom, RPL, Distance / e learning
Cost: $350 / $600
Duration: 1 day course or 2 day course
Supervisors and Managers play a critical role in maintaining a smooth operating workplace. These skills are often learned on the job by experience, but this can take valuable time and leave opportunities for oversights or errors in judgement!
Our course helps to:
- clarify the roles and responsibilities of a Manager or Supervisor
- Adjust to the role with confidence and assurance
- Develop good communication skills in listening, asking questions and giving feedback to employees
- Develop a technique for making sure you give employees instructions that are clear and understood
- Identify some techniques to deal with employee challenges such as squabbles, complaints and laziness
- Recognize the importance of being visible and available to employees
- Understand the importance of developing good relationships with employees and peers, so you are seen as fair and consistent.
- gains competency in 2 Nationally recognised units at Certificate IV level - a Statement of Attainment is issued on successful completion
2 Days (minimum recommended) - but can be delivered in 1 day portions
Note: 3 day course option covering 3 units, is also available (this addresses the Manager / Supervisor skillset requested for most major projects)
- Showing leadership in the workplace
- The supervisor role
- Establishing authority
- Practical tips for handling responsibility
- Identifying priorities
- Communication skills
- Create and maintain effective workplace relationships
- Dealing with employee concerns
- How to work with others
- Mistakes to avoid
- Supervisory success
- Review action plans
This course incorporates all elements and competencies of these 2 National Units
- BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace
- BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationships
To enrol in the WHS Supervisors course today, please select your preferred date from our course calendar and follow the simple instructions.
Alternatively you can enrol on the phone at (08) 9358 1116.
Please fill in the Registration form below. Fields in bold are required.
Frontline Leadership for Supervisors and Managers - Skillset of Certificate IV in Leadership and Management