RAL - Restricted Asbestos Licence Worksafe WA
Certification: Certificate of Completion
Study Modes: Classroom Only
Cost: $250 (+ GST)
Duration: 4 hours
A Restricted Asbestos Licence (RAL) is required by law in Western Australia for the removal of materials that contain non-friable asbestos.
We are approved by WorkSafe (WA) to deliver this pre-requisite course, which will equip you with knowledge and skills that will help you to safely plan, manage, supervise and/or undertake the removal of asbestos.
After this course is completed you may apply to WorkSafe for your Restricted Asbestos Licence (see note and link below). Holding a current licence allows you to remove amounts exceeding 10m2 of bonded (non-friable) asbestos.
Note: In some circumstances, WorkSafe may accept the CPCCBC4051A Supervise removal of asbestos national qualification in place of the RAL Certificate as evidence of your pre-training. You may wish to consider gaining the Nationally recognised qualification, as this enables you to operate in states other than WA.
Application for Licencing with WorkSafe
Upon completing this course, you are required to submit an application directly to Worksafe to apply for your RAL. This licence is valid for three years.
- Worksafe licences require completion of an application form, evidencing your experience
- an application fee applies. The application fee is in addition to this course fee
- we recommend you vist the WorkSafe site and research the licence requirements prior to completing the course
For more information on Worksafe, visit their website click here.
CPCC: Remove Non-Friable Asbestos (separate course)
This course has become a legal requirement for some subcontractors to obtain if you are:
- working on a site that is owned or controlled by the Federal Government
- undertaking works nationally in the Telecommunications Industry
- operating in other states of Australia
The RAL Course includes training and information on:
- Legislative framework
- Identifying types of asbestos
- Health issues relating to asbestos exposure
- Conducting risk assessments
- Identifying hazards, controls and safe work methods
- Planning asbestos removal
- Processes and tools required for safe asbestos removal
To enrol in the RAL Course today, please select your preferred date from our course calendar and follow the simple instructions.
Alternatively you can enrol on the phone at (08) 9358 1116.
Please fill in the Registration form below. Fields in bold are required.
Restricted Asbestos Licence - RAL001 WorkSafe WA Approved