Safety & Health Representatives (5 Day WorkSafe)
Qualification: WorkSafe WA Approved
Study Modes: Classroom Only
Cost: $680 + GST
Duration: 5 days
This course is designed for elected workplace Safety & Health Representatives who play a crucial role in improving safety and health in their organisation, business and/or industry. The course gives Health and Safety Representatives, the knowledge and skills they need to represent their fellow employees and ensure their workplace is adhering to legislative health and safety requirements.
This course can be conducted onsite anywhere in Western Australia in addition to courses run at our training centre. To ensure you are maximising the health and safety of your workplace, enrol in the Safety and Health Representatives course today!
Worksafe WA provide additional information. click here to go to their website
Scorpion Training Solutions also offers a one day refresher course for Health and Safety Representatives, who have previously attended this course, but want to update or refresh their qualifications. Click here for more information.
This course is accredited by WorkSafe (WA)
Under section 35 (1b) of the WA OSH Act 1984, the employee is entitled to undertake this training with tuition and attendance costs paid by the employer following election to the position of HSR.
Our Health and Safety Representatives course will train you to:
- Conduct an effective inspection of your workplaces
- Identify and locate information from a variety of sources
- Communicate on safety and health matters and represent employees
- Describe the functions, make up and roles of a Safety and Health committee
- Conduct an effective investigation into workplace illness/injuries and accidents
- Apply knowledge of legislation in the role of a Safety and Health Representative
- Identify and evaluate hazards in the workplace and recommend control methods
Credit Towards a BSB30715 Certificate III in Workplace Health and Safety (WHS)
The Health and Safety Representatives course is designed around the core elements of the Certificate III in Workplace Health and Safety. This means that if you complete this course, you can use it and any relevant experience you have to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning/Competency towards the Certificate III in WHS.
There is no additional cost for RPL of these units through Scorpion Training Solutions, meaning you are well on the way to achieving your Certificate III in WHS.
The Health and Safety Representatives course reflects these five (5) units.
- BSBWHS302 Apply knowledge of WHS legislation in the workplace
- BSBWHS303 Participate in WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- BSBWHS304 Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultation processes
- BSBWHS305 Contribute to WHS issue resolution
- BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
To enrol in the Health and Safety Representatives course today, please select your preferred date from our course calendar and follow the simple instructions..
Alternatively you can enrol on the phone at (08) 9358 1116.
Please fill in the Registration form below. Fields in bold are required.
Safety & Health Representatives 5 Day Course - WorkSafe WA Approve